www.japanskates.com

www.japanskates.com Forum Index

FAQ Search  Memberlist Usergroups Register Profile  Log in to check your private messages Log in 

Grand Prix Final 2011
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.japanskates.com Forum Index -> Japan Skates Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Grand Prix Final 2011 Reply with quote

Hi skating fans!

Gregg and I will be leaving for Quebec City on Wednesday to cover the Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final. We'll be in photographers' row and backstage to bring you up-to-the-minute exclusive coverage.

Follow us for views and quotes on Twitter as well...

https://twitter.com/japanskates

Much more to come!
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Ladies SP practice - Wednesday Reply with quote

Mao and Akiko were alone at practice today. They were the only skaters on the shuttle bus with me this morning, and later the only ones on the ice!

Mao

Mao skated with her newly-rediscovered lightness, but was tentative with her jumps until toward the end. She popped several triple attempts, but landed her triple-double combo and her 2A during the playing of her music. Also landed 3F-2L, 2A-3T and 3F-2L-2L later on. Seemed to find her stride toward the end of practice and jumped confidently. Practiced very few other elements.

Akiko

Was her usual confident self in practice. Nailed 3L and 2A during her music, alond with spins. Later did 3T-3T, 2A-3T and an easy 3Lz-2L. Later, had trouble landing her 3Lz in the far end of the rink, communicating constantly with Mr. Nagakabo throughout, sometimes with an amused look. Then tried the Lutz closer to her coach. Eventually was able to get the Lutz back. Hungarian Rhapsody is a good piece for her.

Hope to watch the men in a few minutes.
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Mens SP practice - Wednesday Reply with quote

Missed much of it, but aside from Javier Fernandez, Daisuke and Yuzuru were the only ones there. Daisuke looked very good, but could not land his 4F. Stayed up, but fell out of the landings. Overall strong.

Yuzuru fell hard on a 4T attempt but later landed it. Looked a little off balance for much of the practice but fought through it.

I sat beside Akiko in the stands and noticed she had the top of her right foot wrapped in ice... perhaps related to some problems she was having earlier? Not sure. Will have to ask her about it later.
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Ladies/Men SP Practice - Wednesday (translation) Reply with quote

here is its (C-3PO-like) translation:

女子はMaoとAkikoだけ練習していたよ。会場までのシャトルバスにも、他の選手は乗っていなくて。リンクでもふたりぼっち!

Mao
Maoのスケートには、再び、以前の軽やかさが戻ってきたね。でも、ジャンプは、終始ちょっと不安定だったかな。3回転の抜けがいくらかあったけど、曲かけでは、3-2のコンビネーション、2Aを決めた。それから、3F-2Lo、2A-3T、3F-2Lo-2Loも決まってた。滑りを最後まで確認しているように見えたよ。ジャンプも自信を持って飛んでいた。あと、他のエレメンツをちょこっとやって。

Akiko
いつものように、練習でも弾けてたね。曲かけでは3Loと2A、スピンも確認。それから、3T-3Tと2A-3Tも決めて、3Lz-2Loも簡単にやってのけた。その後、僕が見ている反対側だったんだけど、3Lzの着氷に問題が出て来て、長久保先生とずいぶん話し込んでた。時折、たのしそうにね。そうして、先生の近くでルッツを確認していたんだ。そうこうしていたら、Akikoのルッツがまた復活した。"Hungarian Rhapsody"は、Akikoにぴったりだね。

男子はJavier FernandezとDaisuke、Yuzuru。
Daisukeはすごく良さそう。でも4Fは降りてなかったな。高く回ってるんだけど、着氷で転倒、っていう。全体的にはストロング。
Yuzuruは、4Tで派手にこけちゃった後、その4Tを仕留めたよ。ちょっとバランスを崩してるかんじがしたけど、練習中、ずっとがんばってた。戦ってるね。

Akikoがスタンドにいて、僕の近くだったんだけど、右足の上のほうをアイシングしてた… どこか痛めちゃったのかなぁ? …分からないけど。後で聞いてみよう。
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Mao has withdrawn Reply with quote

At a press conference at 11:00 this morning EST, Mr. Cinquanta announced that Mao Asada has left the GPF, and Quebec. Her mother is in critical condition back in Japan and Mao has withdrawn from the competition. We wish to express our best wishes to Mao and her family at this time.

More to come on this unfortunate turns of events.

Last edited by Mark at Japan Skates on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Junior Ladies Planned Program Content Reply with quote

Here is the Junior Ladies' planned program content for today's SP.

Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA - RUS
Music: Russian Dance (Tchaikovsky)
3F+3T - 3Lz - LSp - 2A - FSSp - SlSt - CCoSp

Zijun LI - CHN
Music: The Carousel (Goldsmith)
3F+3T - 3Lz - FSSp - CCoSp - 2A - SlSt - LSp

Risa SHOJI - JPN
Music: The Hacha Cha Cha, Swingin', Apple Honey
3S+3T - 3Lz - CCoSp - 2A - LSp - SlSt - FSSp

Vanessa LAM - USA
Music: Con Te Partiro (Satori)
2A - 3Lz - 3F+2Lo - FSSp - CCoSp - SlSt - LSp

Polina SHELEPEN - RUS
Music: Marco Polo (Morricone
3S+3T - 3Lz - 2A - FSSp - SlSt - CCoSp - LSp

Julia LIPNITSKAYA - RUS
Music: Dark Eyes
2A - 3T+3T - 3Lz - FSSp - SlSt - CCoSp - LSp
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Ladies FS practice Reply with quote

Another outstanding practice for Akiko.

She was solid prior to the playing of her music, landing her triple-double-double combo easily. When the music to "Die Fledermaus" started, she ran through the entire program, never resting.

3Lz (landed confidently)
2A+3T
3Lo
spin combo
3S-2T-2L
3Lz-2T
3F
3S
Footwork (done so well the crowd began to applaud!)
spin

She received a huge ovation from the crowd when finished... and this was practice!!!

After her music played she took it up a notch, landing 3T-3T and 3F-3T. She landed the triple flip-triple toe loop combination three times in succession, to the delight of the crowd. Can't wait to see her in competition tomorrow.
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Mixed Zone interview - Akiko Reply with quote

Hello readers! I managed to fit in some questions to Akiko during the optional Mixed Zone interview following the Ladies practice. Will post the audio later on.

Q: You improved your movement across the ice, and your triple-triple. How did you achieve this?
A: After last season and missing the World Championships, I reconsidered everything about my skating.

Q: Did you work on these basics with Pasquale Camerlengo, when you were in Detroit?
A: Actually, I did not train directly with him but I closely watched him train the dancers in practice many times, and learned from this.

Q: You did a triple toe loop-triple toe loop and triple flip-triple toe loop in practice today. When did you start trying these jumps?
A: In the summertime.

Q: Is the triple flip-triple toe loop here in the short program?
A: It depends on how I feel! (laughs)

Q: "Die Fledermaus" is a very special program for you. Can you tell us why?
A: This music is my favourite, and I love performing Pasquale's choreopraphy. That's probably why I find this program special.

Q: (from Japan Skates): Can you comment on your state of mind since you learned Mao was returning home?
A: I don't the know details about what is going on, but I'll really pray for her mother, and the only thing that I can do is to do my best as a Team Japan skater.

http://www.japanskates.com/photos/GPF11/Akiko_FSP_MZ.mp3

We'll post photos of today's practice shortly, and try to take some good shots of Risa in tonight's Junior Ladies SP.

Last edited by Mark at Japan Skates on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Ladies FS Practice - Thursday / Mixed Zone interview - Akiko Reply with quote

((C-3PO-like translation))

Akikoは、これまた、すごい公式練習だったよ!

キレがあって、曲かけの前から、3-2-2のコンビネーションを簡単に決めていた。"こうもり"がかかると、最後までかっとばしてたよ、休むことなくね。

3Lz (余裕たっぷり。)
2A-3T
3Lo
スピン2つ
3S-2T-2Lo
3Lz-2T
3F
3S
ステップ (すっごい良かった。客席からは手拍子!)
スピン

フィニッシュでは、観客から盛大な拍手をもらってた!…ってこれ、練習だよ!!!

曲かけの後は、〆に3T-3T、3F-3Tが決まってた。3F-3Tは、練習中、3回成功。お客さん、歓喜。明日の試合であっこを見るのが、もう待ち切れないって!

練習後のAkikoインタビュー

Q: 動き・滑りもさらに洗練されて、3-3も決めるようになられましたね。この上り調子はどういうことなのでしょう?
A: 昨季ワールドに出場出来なくて、自分のスケートを一からすべて見直しました。

Q: デトロイトで練習されていた期間に、パスカーレ・カメレンゴさんとそのような基礎練習をなさっていたのでしょうか?
A: 直にパスカーレ先生に習う、ということはなかったのですが、先生がアイスダンサーに教えられている姿は間近でよく拝見していて、勉強させてもらいました。

Q: 今日の練習では、3T-3Tと3F-3Tをやっていましたね。いつから、練習に取り入れられているのでしょう?
A: 今年の夏からです。

Q: 3F-3Tを、明日のショートでやりますか?
A: 気分次第です!(笑)

Q: "こうもり"は、とっておきのプログラムということですが?
A: この曲は私のお気に入りで、パスカーレ先生のこの振付を踊るのも大好きです。だから、特別なかんじがするのかも。

Q(from Japan Skates): Maoが帰国したことに関して、お話頂けますでしょうか?
A: 詳しくは聞いていないのですが、一刻でも早く、お母様の病状がよくなられることを願っています。残っているジャパンの選手が、力を出して、最後までベストを尽くせたら、と思います。
音声 http://www.japanskates.com/photos/GPF11/Akiko_FSP_MZ.mp3

今日の公式練習の写真はもうすぐ出ますよ。Risaのショートの写真もいいのが撮れますように。

Last edited by shimmerzoo on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Jr Ladies SP Reply with quote

Thanks for the translations Aiko! C-3PO could do no better!

Just watched Risa in the Jr Ladies SP. She was confident and exhibited great musicality. Score was 51.53 which put her in first place at the time of this post.

I interviewed Risa in the Mixed Zone following the performance. Thanks to Tak Ihara for translating.

http://www.japanskates.com/photos/GPF11/004%20Risa%20Shoji.wav

JS: How did you feel about your Short Program?
RS: I made a couple mistakes, so my program was not so good, but you know for a first step, it's so far so good.

JS: The judges' scores seemed strong. How did you feel about the scores?
RS: I haven't seen them in detail yet, but they seem to indicate that I did skate a good short program.

JS: What can we expect from you in the Free Skate tomorrow?
RS: Today was a pretty good improvement, so I'd like to bring that to the competition tomorrow. I made a few mistakes today but I will not bring them into the free program, and I'm going to try my best.

JS: Thanks. Have you been to Quebec before?
RS: No, never!
JS: Enjoy!

Last edited by Mark at Japan Skates on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Jr. Ladies SP / Mixed Zone interview - Risa (translation) Reply with quote

((C-3PO wannabe's translation))

ジュニア女子ショートで、Risaの演技を見たところ。Risaは臆することなくその素晴らしい音楽性を発揮したよ。51.53の4位。(PCS3位)

Markの試合後のRisaインタビュー
音声 http://www.japanskates.com/photos/GPF11/004%20Risa%20Shoji.wav

JS: ショートの演技はどうでしたか?
RS: 今回は、多少のミスがあったんですけど、自分では、動きは良かったと思うので、今はほっとしています。

JS: 採点では良さそうですよ。得点に関してはどう思われますか?
RS: まだ詳細は見ていないのですが、ミスは最小限に留められたかな、と思います。

JS: 明日のフリーでは、どんなRisaを見られそうですか?
RS: ショートは、動きは良かったので、それを明日に活かせたらいいな、と思います。少しミスをしてしまったところは、改善出来るように頑張るんですけど、あまり、そこだけにとらわれないように頑張りたいです。

JS: ありがとうございました。ケベックには来られたことありますか?
RS: ないです。初めてです!
JS: Enjoy!

…Mark, now you make an enemy of the Force world. still I hope to be like C-3PO!
Thanks to Tak, again!
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Mao's mom Reply with quote

Mao's mother passed away earlier today, of liver failure. We at Japan Skates extend our deepest sympathy and love to Mao, Mai and their families at this time.
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Senior Ladies SP planned program content Reply with quote

Here is the planned content for this afternoon's short program.

Alena LEONOVA - RUS
Music: Sirens, Pirates of the Caribbean
3T+3T - 3F - 2A - LSp - SlSt - FSSp - CCoSp

Alissa CZISNY - USA
Music: La Vie En Rose
3Lz+2T - 3Lo - 2A - FCSp - CiSt - CCoSp - LSp

Akiko SUZUKI - JPN
Music: Hungarian Rhapsody (performed by Marton)
3F+3T - 3Lz - FCSp - 2A - CCoSp - SlSt - LSp

Carolina Kostner - ITA
Music: Alegretto (Shostakovich)
3T+3T - 3Lo - FCSp - 2A - LSp - CiSt - CCoSp

Elizaveta TUKTAMISHEVA - RUS
Music: Tango (Piazzolla)
3Lz-3T - 3Lo - 2A - LSp - CiSt - FSSp - CCoSp

It looks like Akiko was indeed planning on including the triple flip combination in the short program. Looking forward to it... starts in two hours.
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Nobuo and Machiko send their condolence... Reply with quote

((wrap-ups from Japanese papers))

Nobuo SATO (her coach): I can't find the words to say… Nobody can decline this, but she is still in young, fragile generation, I'm so sorry for that this happened to her, worrying about her. I know she and her mother were so much united to achieve her career, that she could get depressed so much. I would like her to overcome and move on as soon as possible, in order to bring her mother's passion and will onto the ice.
- Before leaving Canada, Nobuo could communicate with Mao, and he said to her "Please keep your peace of mind. Then, talk about the future later."

Machiko YAMADA (former coach): Can't say in words… She and her mother were knotted so tightly, that I really worry about Mao. Her mother was so determined. She could have done a lot things for Mao, in the future, I guess she would like to keep going. And also, Mao, she is just 21, she needs her mother's help, for skating, for her future life, as well.
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Ladies SP review Reply with quote

Hi readers. Although our hearts are heavy for Mao and Mai, let's take a look at Akiko's performance in the SP.

Akiko skated well, albeit a little tentatively. Her first-ever attempt at the 3F-3T combo was not completely successful, becoming a 3F, turn, and then a 2T. The 3Lz was landed confidently, followed by camel spin and 2A. The footwork was again a centrepiece but as mentioned appeared somewhat tentative and did not have quite the flair we are used to.

61.30 31.08 30.22 7.64 7.29 7.64 7.50 7.71 0.00

Still, she stand 2nd overall with sights set on a strong free skate.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.japanskates.com Forum Index -> Japan Skates Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: