www.japanskates.com

www.japanskates.com Forum Index

FAQ Search  Memberlist Usergroups Register Profile  Log in to check your private messages Log in 

2011 NHK Trophy reports

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.japanskates.com Forum Index -> Japan Skates Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: 2011 NHK Trophy reports Reply with quote

Japan Skates continues working... @ NHK Trophy, in Sapporo!

Ladies/Men Planned Program Content, Reviews, Quick Quotes, Press Conference quotes, will be shipped to you from Friday!

& Daisuke TAKAHASHI interview @ Skate Canada will be posted later! don't miss it!!
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Friday Practice / Ladies Planned Program Content Reply with quote

I'm not there in person yet, but a great person (such an acclaimed connoisseur of Figure Skating) helping me in Sapporo, told that:

+++ Ladies Friday Practice SP +++
#1 Shoko ISHIKAWA
doubled T - singled T on her 3T-3T in run-through, due to her early starting, but she seemed to have fun in her second NHK trophy. As her first NHK in 2009, was disappointing, she might turn the tables! And also, she has well-recovered from her injury a month ago.

#10 Akiko SUZUKI
She hasn't gotten in form there, however, you know if she has fun with her program - everything's gonna be on her side! She hit 3T-3T / fell on 3Lz in run-through.

#7 Mao ASADA
...still, worry about her. And she may worry about herself, too. doubled on her 3A in run-through, and other 3As could not be made, as well. "Where is Mao?" the connoisseur was searching, when Group 2 Ladies came out.

+++ Ladies Planned Program Content +++
girls who have 3-3:
#1 Shoko ISHIKAWA 3T-3T/3F
#2 Agnes ZAWADZKI 3T-3T/3Lz
#3 Mae Berenice MEITE 3T-3T/3Lz
#8 Kiira KORPI 3T-3T/3Lo
#9 Alena LEONOVA 3T-3T/3F
#10 Akiko SUZUKI 3T-3T/3Lz
------------------------------------------
#7 Mao ASADA 3A/3F-2Lo/3Lo

+++ Men Friday Practice +++
All 3 Japanese: Daisuke(TAKAHASI), Taka(Takahiko KOZUKA), Tatsuki(MACHIDA), they didn't seem to be in form, especially Tatsuki. He hasn't had enough trainings due to his injury at Nebelhorn Trophy in late September. He and his coach was talking a lot during the practice, he seemed to ask his coach about his rotating of jumps. And all 3 couldn't make their quad. In run-through, Daisuke checked his jumps entries, Taka hit 3Lz-3T/3A-2T-2Lo.
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Men SP Planned Program Content Reply with quote

for immediate release:

guys who have a quad:
#2 Konstantine MENSHOV (RUS) 4T-3T/3Lz
#5 Brandon MROZ (USA) 4Lz-3T(!!!)/3Lz
#6 Tomas VERNER (CZE) 4T/3Lz-3T
#8 Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN) 4T-3T(!!)/3Lz
---------------------------------------------------
#4 Tatsuki MACHIDA 3F-3T/3Lz
#9 Daisuke TAKAHASHI 3F-3T/3Lz

Men Saturday Practice & Ladies FS PPC later!

Last edited by shimmerzoo on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Ladies FS Planned Program Content Reply with quote

for immediate release:

#1 Shoko ISHIKAWA (JPN) {3T-3T, 3Lz, 3F, 2A, 3F-2T, 2Lo, 3S-2Lo-2T}
#2 Cynthia PHANEUF (CAN) {3Lz, 3T-2T, 3Lo-2T-2T, 3S, 3T-2T, 3Lo, 2A}
#3 Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) {2A-3T, 3Lo-2T-2T, 3F, 3Lz, 2A-2T, 3Lo, 3T}
#4 Kiira KORPI (FIN) {3T-3T, 3S, 2A, 3Lo-2T-2Lo, 3S-2T, 3Lo, 2A}
#5 Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) {2A-3T, 3F, 3Lz-2T, 3Lz, 3S, 3T, 3S-2T-2Lo}
#6 Ashley WAGNER (USA) {3F-2T, 2A-3T, 3Lz, 3Lo-2T-2T, 3S, 3Lo, 3F}
#7 Elene GEDEVANISHIVILI (GEO) {3Lz-2T, 3F, 2A-3T, 3S, 3Lz, 3T, 2A}
#8 Mao ASASDA (JPN) {3A, 3F-2Lo, 3Lz, 2A-3T, 3F-2Lo-2Lo, 3S, 3Lo}
#9 Alena LEONOVA (RUS) {3T-3T, 3Lo, 3Lz, 3F-2T, 3S-2T-2T, 3F, 2A}
#10 Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) {3Lz, 2A-3T, 3Lo, 3Lo-2Lo-2Lo, 3Lz-2Lo, 3F, 3S}
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Men Saturday Practice Reply with quote

brief wrap-ups from the connoisseur helping me in Sapporo:

Daisuke didn't attend his jump elements, as many guys didn't, but he has great shape today! Taka, he wasn't in form on his jumps, "Are you really planning a 4T-3T?" connoisseur questioned.

- Armin(MAHBANOOZADEH) was quite good in the morning
- Brandon(MROZ) was quite bad in the morning, "Wake up! for your 4Lz-3T," claimed connoisseur.

ISU hasn't kept quotes, also @ NHK... but you can sit in the press conference @ our Media page. and brief quotes I could send you.
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: *Immediate* Men FS Planned Program Content Reply with quote

Guys who have quad:
#1 Tomash VERNER has an opener 4T
#2 Armin MAHBANOOZADEH has an opener 4T
#5 Tatsuki MACHIDA {4T, 3A-3T, 3Lo, 3A, 3Lz-2T, 3F, 3Lz, 3S-2T-2Lo}
#6 Konstantin MENSHOV {4T-2T, 3Lz, 4T, 3A, 3S, 3Lo, 3T-2T-2T, 2A-2T}
#7 Brandon MROZ {4Lz(!!!), 3A-3T, 2A, 3F, 3A, 3Lz-1Lo(??)-3Lo, 2A, 3Lz-1Lo-3S}
#8 Takahiko KOZUKA {4T, 3A, 3Lz-2T, 3A-2T-2Lo, 3F, 3Lo, 3S, 3Lz}
#9 Daisuke TAKAHASHI {4F, 3S, 3A, 3A-2T, 3F-3T, 3Lo, 3Lz-2T-2Lo, 3F}

recaps & quotes from Saturday and Men Sunday Practice later!
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Men SP / Ladies Reply with quote

brief recaptures…

+++ Men SP +++
Tastuki 5th, Taka 2nd, Daisuke a SP leader.

Tatsuki(MACHIDA) had been struggling even with his 3F in the morning practice, but in the competition "Dark Eyes" he was displaying all the quality jump element(3A, 3F-3T, 3Lz) and his much quick dancing, both always reminds me a nike "swish" mark! Even though he fell on the flying entry of FSSp, that could be entertaining treat for crowds. Taka(KOZUKA) secured the program with 3Lz-3T/3F instead 4T-3T/3Lz, Dausike(TAKAHASI) set the new Personal Best record with his definitive contemporary-art program "In the Garden of Souls", in the terrific standing ovations. THEN! 4Lz was made in Sapporo!!! by Brandon(MROZ), who had done no 4Lz in the morning.

Judges Scores http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpjpn2011/gpjpn2011_Men_SP_Scores.pdf

+++ Ladies +++
Shoko 10th, Mao "close" 2nd, Akiko won NHK the first time; GPS the second time; goes to GPF 3 seasons in a row.

Shoko(ISHIKAWA), was tensed in tango SP, struggled in FS, due to her nerve. But what she showed in her FS "Miss Saigon", was the "lady": confident, determined, majestic as her choreographer Shizuka(ARAKAWA) is. Without 3A, Mao(ASADA) could make her way with SP"Scheherazade" and FS"Liebestraum", in her kicked-off competition this season, unlike her previous seasons. So comfortably she played a role of a cute princess in SP, a girl in love in FS. Akiko(SUZUKI) had "satisfying SP (set her new PB score) / disappointing FS," yet she had 2 stunning colored programs. She had shown a multi-color pallet on each program since she came back on the ice around 2007-2008 season, but this season, in 2 complementary colors Akiko dyes - so metallic "Hungarian Rhapsody", pastel "Die Fledermaus". You have been familiar with these Akiko's colors, but you never seen them as plain color before! and you never seen 2 step sequences in Ladies program, that Akiko's phenomenal skating speed & skills can make happen.

SP http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpjpn2011/gpjpn2011_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf
FS http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpjpn2011/gpjpn2011_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
result http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpjpn2011/CAT002RS.HTM

--- lots of quotes now shipping ---

Last edited by shimmerzoo on Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Men Sunday Practice Reply with quote

according to the connoisseur:

1st Group guys looked like warming up in the early morning, were checking their footworks and spins.
2nd Group guys tested their concerns mostly.

Tatsuki(MACHIDA) seemed to be feeling good! concentrated better than yesterday. Taka(KOZUKA) tested 4T and 3Lz mainly, as Daisuke(TAKAHASHI) did 4F and 4T. Both seemed not to be completed, therefore, 4F(base value +2) will be preferred to pick. Daisuke showed a beautiful 3A there. And Brandon(MROZ)… he's not awaken, again! but had worked on 4Lz.
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Akiko&Mao Quotes Reply with quote

+++ Akiko winning gold Kiss & Cry interview +++

- How did you feel when you saw your overall placement (1st)?
"I was disappointed with my FS, so was shocked and sorry about that."
- You don't have to be sorry! What do you think of your performance today?
I had some mistakes on jumps, since the 2nd 3Lo was singled that made me a bit upset, but I could still handle the rest of elements. Anyway, I hoped to skate along the music, showing what I can give at this moment.
- "To connect with crowds", you noted before FS.
It didn't work… Today thankfully the crowds connected with me, I felt their affection. I will give my all to unite people with this "Die Fledermaus" next time.
- What do you expect of you at GPF?
I hope to make 2 good programs, satisfied SP and FS, unlike this NHK.

+++ Mao winning silver Kiss & Cry interview +++

- Message for Fans:
So many people have joined us since yesterday, that inspired me a lot, Thank you.
- Everyone! was waiting for your smile.
Well… I'm satisfied so much with this well-done, my beloved "Liebestraum". It was not my best but I gave it my all.
- What do you think of your performance today?
I guess I could be so confident, that I had done well, since I had good practices. I wasn't able to make 3A this NHK, that I regret, so I must work on it for next time. In FS, although I had planned a 3A, I couldn't rotate in warming-up 6 minutes.
- And may I announce: "Strong Mao is back!" ?
…well… (smiles) yes? (laughs) I'm not sure, but I did make my way from the first competition, unusually, (crowds LOL) I gave what I could do at this moment, so I could do much better from now. And we'll see.
- What do you expect of you in Russia?
I will complete myself, to the next stage, step by step.

+++ More Quotes from press conference and mixed zone +++

::: after SP :::

Akiko: 20 years I have trained skating… finally I did it! 3-3 in the competition - that makes me leap! Much satisfied with jump elements but a bit chips I had on other elements. In the morning practice, I hit 3T-3T but fell on 3Lz, so I handled my speed for 3Lz after I landed 3T-3T. (on highly Skating Skills score:) "Speed helps all the elements," my coach(Hiroshi NAGAKUBO) always tells me. So I always let myself go fast, in training. Then I have tried utmost at the entry of 3T-3T today. (on her 3T-3T:) "You must have 3-3 in the future," also my coach has told since last season, but I wasn't able to make it last season, for I hadn't been in good form. Then he claimed "You'll never top yourself, if you haven't it." So have I tried… training, training, and training… for me, it was a much challenging element this NHK, since it was completed around Japan Open(in early Oct.). wish I could make 3F/3Lz-3T as well. (on her costume designed by Russian:) Grey and Black, so modern. Lovely motives on arms, it charms with my armworks.

Mao: I tried to have a 3A and make the rest of elements this SP, and tried to have fun with "Scheherazade", for crowds, as well. My coach(Nobuo SATO) encouraged me "Movin' on, now you're well-prepared." and I think I did. (on her singled 3A:) It was not on its right course, too much close to the fence. I'm going to have a 3A in SP this season, too. (on her costume:) So lovely. It looks like outfit for a princess. It's so easy to move, as well.

::: after FS :::

Akiko: I hoped to do my best, make a good result for those lots of Figure Skating fans in Japan. I'm sorry that I couldn't in FS. However, as a Japanese skater, I could win to listen Japanese Anthem in Japan with Japanese people, that was satisfying. (on "Die Fledermaus":) This music is on my side, so it helps me a lot, particularly on the last SlSt. A good choice. (She picked it up by herself.) But, I couldn't tone in it today. (on her consistency of the second 3T as a combination:) This season I have practiced to set up 3T following 3Lz/3F/3T, that made 2A-3T stable, as well. I'm so hard-working on 3-3, as it doubles from last season.

Mao: (on her cancelled 3A:) After SP, my coach said "you could have earned more points, if you had a 2A." Then I found that Men without a quad, they could earn even more points than quad jumpers. That's why I changed my mind. (other good things to her this NHK:) 2A-3T, skating speed. I appreciate my coach to make them happen.

::: in the next morning after FS :::

Akiko: (on her age "26":) Youth never be back to me! (laughs) I think skating could be matured, if you have skated so long. So I wish mine, aged could appeal to crowds. Yet, I think I haven't been lady-like, as I won SP but lost FS. (laughs)

Mao: I need skating speed, but it causes problems with jumping timing. Both of them we're still working on, and both are gonna be better. (on her thinner shape:) because I have much trainings. My core strength is improving, my stamina works to the end of FS. No problem!

Last edited by shimmerzoo on Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: More Quotes from "the room" with Akiko/Mao Reply with quote

- Akiko & Mao were invited to "the room", to talk with Yutaka HIGUCHI(Yukina, Kento NAKAMURA/Yuki NISHINO's coach) & Yukina OTA.

Akiko: (on her quick&detailed&variety footworks) Much satisfied this NHK, too. I really love to do it, had worked a lot on it, as well. (on her great extension on landing jumps) I have tried to earn GOE+ with the flow and landing, to keep my landing position for a moment. (Yukina asked "Akiko, have you ever fallen or stumbled in footworks, even in trainings?") Yukina, I have done a lot! as I glide on too much deep edge. (on her new "EDEA" boots:) It fits my ankles so well! works fantastically on such as jumping. (on her motivation this season) I'm so happy that I have tried to get to the next stage, a lot fun with trainings. (on competing in NHK Trophy) 3 nice memories I have: a flower girl in my childhood; the first GPS and won a silver (2008-2009season); so I would like to win a gold, like step by step, - then it happened this year.

Mao, she has smiled and listened to what Yutaka said: Your skating is growing so quietly elegant; You made 5 types triples here, in addition, you did a correct 3Lz on the outside edge in warming-up 6 minutes.

Akiko in "the room" is going to be featured at NHK backstage page along with Tatsuki MACHIDA SP/FS interview @ Mixed Zone.

Men FS, Men Quotes later!

So! Mark posted interview with Kento NAKAMURA!
http://www.japanskates.com/interviews/Depth/Kent_Interview_en.htm
Daisuke interview @ Skate Canada, NEXT!

Last edited by shimmerzoo on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Men FS / Daisuke,Taka Quotes / & more Quotes Reply with quote

+++ Men FS +++
Group 1 opened an entertaining ice show in Sapporo, Tomas(VERNER) gave a solid 4T(GOE +1.43) and such a fun time!, as well as Samuel(CONTESTI) showed a comical "good old days" broadway performance, while 2 young Americans(Armin,Ross) sent fresh breezes to the arena - crowds expected emotions of Group 2.

Tatsuki 7th, Taka 2nd, Daisuke overdeveloped 1st
Tatsuki(MACHIDA) presented freshly brewed "Don Quixote" by Stephane LAMBIEL, with a young love, but he couldn't display jump elements in the 2nd half, as he hasn't trained enough since late September. Taka(KOZUKA) set a new-wave classical piece (the music from a Japanese Animation), which represents his taste so well, however he "matched Daisuke? hardly." Daisuke(TAKAHASHI) had some flaws in his elements, but his blues "flowed," and crowds - most of them were Daisuke's female fans - got overwhelmed. Although 3 Japanese failed in their quad, Daisuke made his 4F in warming-up 6 minutes, "for the first time! in my life!", "then, I raised my fist for the first time in 6 minutes!" smiled a Men gold medalist.

Judges Scores FS http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpjpn2011/gpjpn2011_Men_FS_Scores.pdf
Result http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpjpn2011/CAT001RS.HTM

+++ Daisuke/Taka Quotes +++

::: after SP :::

Daisuke: I didn't expect such a high (personal best) score. I didn't show it as a hundred present, but I was able to do so well, thanks to crowds here, who gave me inspiration. Then I try to be their inspiration in a better way. (on PB:) could be earned by other than 3F-3T. Overall, all elements were neat, particularly, jumps had good grade. I'm gonna be in form to skate comfortably, unlike in Skate Canada. Skating skills I had worked on, in France, that works on every element and endurance on FS, and for judges and crowds, I guess. (on jumps:) I started to train them so late, though, I can handle them, I know the reason why I failed in them. They're gonna be better, as I made quads in practice sessions here. (on spins:) For me they're not so beautiful… (smiles) I have worked on them so hard, I need more flexibility for them. Such trainings works a little bit. (for FS:) I'm not so comfortable in it… I'm going to have a quad, hope to make all the jump element. Tomorrow, you never know, so I should be comfortable to skate with a wide margin.

Taka: I'm disappointed with jumps(cancelled 4T, shaky step-3F). And I had a lot flaws… that terrible 3F caused, which made me upset… so I won't have any mistake tomorrow, to earn more points. I hope to do what I should give. What happens in FS, you never know. (on his cancelled 4T:) After warming-up 6 minutes, I decided. It couldn't fit me there, as my coach(Nobuo SATO) told "it must not work, since you couldn't make it today." that I trusted. As for this season SP, I haven't practiced step-3F, because I have planned 4T-3T/step-3Lz. Although I believed I can do step-3F anytime, cancelation affected it, I guess. …wish I could have practiced! (smiles) (on his performance:) I felt I was falling into the music, with lots of support from crowds. Taking a look at "Performance/Execution" points, I know my performance is going to match my higher SkatingSkills. (on his new SP:) From 7 points to 9 points, judges credited it differently, that concerns me. Now I should figure out how to fix it, in order to make people satisfied. For me this program is so good, that I should fit it, to lead this music. I need to match it. A lot to do has left me in "Inner Urge".

::: after FS :::

Daisuke: Despite under-rotated jumps; Level 3 spins; slowly 2nd half, I made its way, it got improved from Skate Canada. Now I'm relieved that I can compete in GPF, to give it my all. (on his 4F< fall:) I had planned 4F/4T, but I made the very first 4F in 6 minutes, so "Why Not!" I did have 4F. It was not bad, though, I was tensed to do that. Anyway, it was judged quadruple Flip for the first time, as well. Mostly, in trainings, it gets two-footed or fallen at the landing. (on his 9.0+ components scores:) Really!? …It could happen, because Japanese competed in Japan? (laughs) Crowds really enjoyed with me, that helped me a lot. This NHK I presented programs in style, that is respectable for me. Now I must be confident with compliments to make them better and better. (on blues:) To be honest, I don't know about it so much… (smiles) I must not make it out throughout my life. (laughs) …it feels like… "nitty gritty dirty", "unhappy", "tired of life". Today, I played a role of such an ambitious, aggressive guy… yet he was a nice guy… what guy should I choose? (laughs) I think I should let me be as I am in every competition. This NHK, I was smiling, smiling naturally… "Just Okay?" (laughs) (on winning NHK Trophy 2 seasons in a row:) I was sorry for winning last season, but I'm satisfied with improving this season, so, good for me!

Taka: Last World Championships I found how fantastic it is to make a podium. I'm glad to finish in the top three. However, I'm disappointed with my performances, I was so struggling, and fighting till the end. I'm not sure about my upcoming competition, but I suppose it's "All-Japan" Nationals, I hope to get satisfied with my performances. (on his PCS:) I'm happy with INterpretation, which is higher than CHoreography, as well as I had done what I had trained in the 2nd "tough" half. Now my Performance/Execution, IN, CH are going to match SS, that means my performance could reflect emotions. (on his 4T< two-footed:) It didn't go with right timing. I was so tensed. But it's going to be better, little by little. (on his jumps:) gonna be better, for I'm going to get used to my new boots. (on his new FS:) I love this music. (He picked it by himself.) My performance reflected that this NHK. But it should be skated in a better way. (on his mention "matched Daisuke? hardly.":) My program itself and showmanship hardly matches him.

+++ miscellaneous Quotes +++
David Wilson (SP choreographer) to Daisuke:
"You come to me, at last!" "…only SP?"
David Wilson (SP choreographer) to Taka:
"He can do anything! on the ice. much promising boy."
Daisuke to Taka:
"His energy lasts by the ending. Great skating skill, spins, footworks he has, as well."
Daisuke to Akiko:
"Liveliness - the more her program goes, the more we are moved. And everyone smiles in the end."
Akiko to Daisuke:
"The artist - he skates as he feels."

--- Now I finished NHK report. Please wait for the upcoming "backstage" page for Akiko in "the room" with Yutaka/Yukina, Tatsuki @ mixed zone, & Daisuke's Interview @ Skate Canada! I'm working on Cup of China backstage page(featuring Yuka, Yuzuru), too!
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: and Backstage page! Reply with quote

Mark has posted Backstage page,
featuring Akiko in the room with Yutaka&Yukina (English / Japanese), Tatsuki MACHIDA mixed zone interviews (in English).

http://www.japanskates.com/photos/NHK2011/NHK2011_Event.htm
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.japanskates.com Forum Index -> Japan Skates Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: