www.japanskates.com

www.japanskates.com Forum Index

FAQ Search  Memberlist Usergroups Register Profile  Log in to check your private messages Log in 

All-Japan Championships summary from Aiko

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.japanskates.com Forum Index -> Japan Skates Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: All-Japan Championships summary from Aiko Reply with quote

Our Japanese correspondent, Aiko Shimazu from Pigeon Post, reports from the All-Japan!

---

If we could have the judges of American Dance Idol, at the rink side! ...so they would melt the ice, by emotions, by poetic mouth, unlikely the judges of Figure Skating. - They keep silent, that makes conflict. I need their quotes to make sense of their ratings, named "Program Components Score". And you?

PCS almost fix the results. It has 5 components, so just 1.0 points gives a lot advantages, overall(SP+FS) 15.0(men)/12.0(ladies) points to the branded skaters. That points allow them at least 3 mistakes of jump elements not to be defeated by the flawless underdogs.

So 2010 "All-Japan" Japanese Championships in Nagano, the medal contenders almost fix,
Men: Nobu.Oda(WS3), Daisuke.Takahashi(WS4), Taka.Kozuka(WS8)
Laides: Akiko.Suzuki(WS2), Miki.Ando(WS4), Mao.Asada(WS6), Kanako.Murakami(WS12)
Pairs Takahashi/Tran, Ice Dance Reed/Reed
Of couse! Men, much improving Hannyu & Machida, and Ladies Haruka.Imai & Fumie.Suguri could flip the fixture, and even more quality skaters will show the Japanese depth!

BUT! ...A tragedy must happen on Ladies again. 4 Ladies apply for 3 spots of the forthcoming 2011 Tokyo World Championships in March, as 1 girl, Yukari Nakano couldn't come to Vancouver. Hopefully a conflict wouldn't come to Nagano, as Yukari&Akiko PCS were quite even last Japan Nats. A destiny must happen - Total Elements Score will make it happen, that makes Sports Fans flame up, who know the sad result can't represent their training days, the sincere feelings. So magical moment could be there - every girl would tune every program, that tunes Arts Fans into rapture, who know various stories can color in the various life.

And Mao! has been surrounded by un-skating business, the business issue like Hollywood kids stars. Shame on the peoples who don't respect a devoted Figure Skater. Sorry for her not to be treated as the determined athlete. Wish her and all a merry Christmas, and Merry Christmas for you there, international fans of Japanese Skaters!

Stay tuned to JapanSkates!
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 In da "Big Hat"!

First of all, what a nice hat! the "Big Hat" in Nagano - well to see the rink from everywhere, sounds great (that sound engineer has the class!) Feelin' like in a cosy party. A Figure Skating party here! …Then I was shocked to meet "Lupin III" at Men SP, Oh boy! What a boy! Ryan Bradley of Japan! such a performer we have!? I didn't know that. He fevered crowds with just a little moves! You must take note: Takuya Kondo age19 http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00007259.htm

*Lupin III on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupin_III

He placed 13th tonight. I wish you could see him in the future.

Check Results here

http://www.skatingjapan.jp/National/2010-2011/fs/national_e/index.htm

And I wish I could have given you the wrap-ups of Ladies comments the day before SP, but… a few are there: Mao said "I have done it all - what I can do," to fight on her "last chance" to Tokyo Worlds. "If her 3A is going to be questionable on the practice tomorrow, 2A will be substituted for it," planned her coach Papa.Sato. Mao,Kanako,Miki,Akiko seemed to "be in-form", as every Japanese press always says before competitions. (YES! they do!)

…I must rage against the coldness, the sleepiness to get the ticket tomorrow, to live-report for you!

Last edited by Mark at Japan Skates on Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 ...in front of TV

Sorry, for I was not able to attend to live report… and sorry for the Japanese Figure Skating fans, I didn't imagine as how dedicated they are! who had stood in shivering Nagano, @ the closing ticket center, from 7 AM, even 5 AM! …"5 AM went out of doors", "in frosty winter", ladies & gentlemen! Fantastic-Monastic!! - at noon, 2 hundreds peoples couldn't get the walk-up ticket of Saturday, so couldn't me.

Ladies SP - recaps

Before the group 5 and 6, Risa SHOJI, a junior National champ, bronze medalist of junior GPF in Beijing, made a precise, difficult(including 3S-3T) program to sit in 1st place(58.22 - 4th place), and Yuki NISHINO came back! as a tall, elegant lady. For one year, She has matured incredibly! placed 2nd(57.02 - 6th place).

Kanako MURAKAMI "Jumping Jack"

61.50 TES32.22 PCS28.28 placed 3rd

{3T-3T, 3F, LSp, 1A, FSSp, SlSt, CCoSp} - levels later

She looked so comfortable at Japan Nats! Jumpin' 3T-3T, 3F then "untied on Axel", said Kanako with her smile that kills you! "I want a perfect jumpin' program," for her FS.

Haruka IMAI "Gypsy Dance from Don Quixote"

45.96 TES24.24 PCS23.72 deduction -2.0 placed 17th

{3Lo-3T(stepping out), 3F(<<? fall), LSp, 2A(fall), CCoSp, SlSt, FSSp}

The first disaster… so fast skating as her trademark, but "much nervous", confessed Haruka. "will try to handle it tomorrow", much hopeful young said! hope she will!!

Miki ANDO "The Mission"

64.76 TES33.40 PCS31.36 placed 2nd

{3Lz-2Lo, 3Lo, 2A, FFSp, SlSt, CCoSp, LSp}

Improving from GPF but changing 3Lz-3Lo to 3Lz-2Lo / 3F to 3Lo, "decided after the morning practice," to settle the program to make a team. - and she made it as she wanted! almost perfect program except her LSp. And she will make a team!

Akiko SUZUKI "Jalousie"

56.86 TES27.10 PCS29.76 placed 7th

{3F-2T, 3Lz(<<? stepping out), FCSp, LSp, 2A, CCoSp, SlSt}

The second disaster… not on her performance, but on her TES. It might be with "e", "downgraded" 3Lz, or trouble on 2A. Although, as always she earned the highest score on SlSt, said the press. "I felt my body got shrinking," to jump. YET! she held her head up to her "Fiddler on the Roof", "nothing to lose now, nothing to be afraid, I only have to show a performance to give," tomorrow. Yes, that is the Fiddler on the Roof, you know! Akiko will dance on the ice, as the fiddler plays his fiddle on the roof when he must be killed in Jewish story - their poetic vision for the determined life.

Mao ASADA "Tango"

66.22 TES34.70 PCS31.52 placed 1st

{3A(<? touched foot), 3Lo-2Lo, 3F, CCoSp, FCSp, SlSt, LSp}

Finally! "I've DONE what I can do!" the reigning world champ said. 3A hurts her yet boosts her! 3A refreshed her tango, at all! Her skating, moves, steps, everything got shining! with the "Big Hat" clapping. Mao, herself "decided to try a 3A, in the warming-up 6minutes". "She's so determined, or has the guts. Well Done and her skating got flowing," her coach, Papa.Sato's compliment.

Fumie SUGURI "Adagio"

57.18 TES29.30 PCS27.88 placed 5th

{3Lz-2t, 3F, FSSp, 2A, LSp, SlSt, CCoSp}

A 30, aged girl, No One could make Flip+Lutz on such an important SP but FUMIE!!! And amazed at that difficult jumps seemed so easy! Also, she got back her speed this season that was her signature. "I've done what I can do at this moment," Fumie, too. "I am on the right track this season", a veteran analyzed by herself.

see the FS starting list:

http://www.skatingjapan.jp/National/2010-2011/fs/national_e/data0205.htm

And Men FS.

Daisuke gave his all. - what to say. Obviously injured, in bad shape, his soul danced on the ice. - what you saw. Not great moves could make your heart crying. He squeezed the sport and the art, he was the Figure Skating incarnate tonight! TAKAHASHI overall placed 3rd, ODA second, and KOZUKA won a gold as his father did 30 years ago.

You will see a live report Ladies FS, on: twitter.com/japannatsreport

hope I could do well, hope you will enjoy their programs with it.

Last edited by Mark at Japan Skates on Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#4 Ladies FS and call-up

Akiko SUZUKI "Fiddler on the Roof" overall 175.96 4th place

119.10 TES58.46 PCS60.64 placed 4th

{3Lz, 2A-3T<, 3Lo FCCOSp3 ChSp // 2F, 3F-2t-2lo, 3lo~2A, 3S, FCSp1, SlSt2, CCOSp4}

Akiko seemed to be not in-form. "but I settled it safely," said Akiko. "Jumps haven't fit me these days," explained a veteran. So her unique trouble, "handling elements&emotions" concerned her again. Though her "To Life" SlSt, finally fit the unique crowds. - most of them looked at the ice as a sport, unlikely non-Ladies day, unlikely other nations I guess. Akiko left the strong message: I never close the season like this. - she was set for 4CC in Feb. along with Miki and Mao.

Kanako MURAKAMI "The Mask of Zorro" overall 187.52 3rd place

126.02 TES65.70 PCS60.32 place 3rd

{3T-3T, 3Lz(e), FCSSp4, 3F~2A // LSp2, 3F, ChSp1, 3Lo, 2A, 3S<-2Lo-2LO, SlST3, CCoSp4}

She did it! as she said after SP - a perfect jumpin' program, and "performed comfortably," like her SP. While, the crowds supported her to jump well - a perfect sport scene! She hopes "to perform better than as I do," to her very first Worlds in Tokyo, will compete with Miki and Mao.

Mao ASADA "Liebestraum" overall 193.69 2nd place

127.47 TES62.19 PCS65.28 placed 2nd

{3A<, 3F-2lo, 3Lz(e), CCoSp4 // 2A-2t, 3F-2Lo, ChSp, 2S, FFSp4, SlSt3, 3Lo, FCCoSp4}

The survival for Worlds, that was almost fixed before Mao came on the ice. Then, what to do is to see the world champ would be back! AND MAO IS BACK!! …I think she got back her smoothness since 07-08 season, and "getting move as she wants," but needs more to do, Papa Sato told her. "I got over, one big uphill" to Worlds, the champ said.

Miki ANDO "Piano Concerto in a minor" overall 202.34 1st place

137.58 TES71.50 PCS66.08 placed 1st

{3Lz-2Lo, 3Lo, FSSp4, CCoSp4, ChSp1 // 2A-3T, 3Lz, 3S, 3T, 2A-2Lo-2Lo, SlSt2, FCCoSp4}

Miki made it even more perfectly than GPF! She gave a finale of 2010 Japan Nats - a jumping competition a little bit. Only I can say: She dominated! "That's for you crowds", Miki showed her sweet heart.

to Worlds: Takahiko KOZUKA, Nobunari ODA, Daisuke TAKAHASHI, Miki ANDO, Mao ASADA, Kanako MURAKAMI

to 4CC: Takahiko KOZUKA, Daisuke TAKAHASHI, Yuzuru HANNYU, Miki ANDO, Mao ASADA, Akiko SUZUKI

Ladies Final Results

http://www.skatingjapan.jp/National/2010-2011/fs/national_e/data0290.htm

judges score SP

http://www.skatingjapan.jp/National/2010-2011/fs/national/data0203.pdf

judges score FS

http://www.skatingjapan.jp/National/2010-2011/fs/national/data0205.pdf

to share its atmosphere (a stumbling live report)

http://twitter.com/japannatsreport

Results index

http://www.skatingjapan.jp/National/2010-2011/fs/national_e/index.htm
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More wrap-ups after "All-Japan" National Championships:

Mao - "will have 3 3As(: SP1 FS2) at Worlds!" Papa Sato agreed, who taught her "you had only 1 3A, so it worked," after FS.
Fumie overall 7th - (after FS) "disappointed with jump elements. I had worked various refinements, the manner of skating for example, but hadn't enough time to execute well." ...she's likely to compete next season!

See the 2010 "All-Japan" photo gallery of Single medalists:
http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/graph/2010/japanfigure/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.japanskates.com Forum Index -> Japan Skates Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: