www.japanskates.com

www.japanskates.com Forum Index

FAQ Search  Memberlist Usergroups Register Profile  Log in to check your private messages Log in 

Notes and quotes from Canadian Figure Skating Championships

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.japanskates.com Forum Index -> Japan Skates Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Notes and quotes from Canadian Figure Skating Championships Reply with quote

Mens SP Results:

Senior Men Short Program
January 13, 2013 to January 20, 2013
Mississauga, ON
2013 Canadian Tire National Figure Skating Championships
Segment Placement
Rank Competitor(s) Points
1 Patrick Chan CO 94.63
2 Kevin Reynolds BC/YT 85.32
3 Liam Firus BC/YT 75.33
4 Andrei Rogozine CO 70.42
5 Elladj Balde QC 68.47
6 Nam Nguyen CO 67.90
7 Jeremy Ten BC/YT 64.06
8 Peter O Brien EO 60.55
9 Emanuel Sandhu BC/YT 60.42
10 Garrett Gosselin SK 59.64
11 Mitchell Gordon BC/YT 54.00
12 Shaquille Davis CO 53.02
13 Samuel Morais QC 52.74
14 Sasha Alcoloumbre QC 52.23
15 Samuel Angers QC 49.81
16 Graeme Gordon BC/YT 48.05
17 Ian Martinez QC 42.88
18 Dustin Sherriff-Clayton CO 36.43

Date: 18-Jan-2013 9:48:19PM
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Patrick Chan SP quotes Reply with quote

Patrick Chan Mixed Zone quotes

On his performance:

"I got the job done, stayed on my feet. This is a good boost for the Worlds in London. I'm really glad cause this is so much fun."

On his jumps:

"I've been working a lot on quad toe triple toe after what happened at the GPF when I singled it. I think I could have done it here. The Lutz was a bit shaky... the steps going into it, I might have to look at them for Worlds, because I felt a little off balance - I didn't have as much speed as I'd like to. When I have enough speed, I can transfer to the toe pick into the rest of the jump for rotations, and when the steps are a little bit slow and my body starts to get into it, I lose the transfer and the nice flow out of the first jump into the triple toe. It gives me something to work on for Worlds."

On his preparedness for this seaon:

"I would say that that season has nothing to do with me physically, I'm always physically prepared. It's always about the mental game for me cause I was watching Kaetlyn skate on TV, and I admire her because she goes out and has a blast and literally just goes out and doesn't care about the result. I guess it's good to be young! When I was younger I had that same mentality. That's something I want to learn more to do, to put myself in that mental space. I've won these medals before, so I should just go out and have fun. When you're in your 20s, you feel the responsibility."

On 14 year-old Nam Nguyen, who thad thrilled the crowd:

"It's amazing for him to play with the crowd like that. I know when I was 14 I didn't have the confidence or the pizzazz to do what he does. Even when he got up from his triple Axel, he got up and really got back into it and it was a great set-up for the last group of skaters. Nam is really going to be something promising for the future . His program reminded me a little of "Take 5" actually. He got up from the triple Axel with a huge smile on his face; I would have been "Oh, God...." The teens are a good age to compete, a good head space."
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Mens final results Reply with quote

Senior Men
Mississauga, ON
1 Patrick Chan CO 94.63 179.12 273.75
2 Kevin Reynolds BC/YT 85.32 175.94 261.26
3 Andrei Rogozine CO 70.42 137.43 207.85
4 Elladj Balde QC 68.47 135.97 204.44
5 Liam Firus BC/YT 75.33 127.08 202.41
6 Nam Nguyen CO 67.90 132.79 200.69
7 Mitchell Gordon BC/YT 54.00 136.99 190.99
8 Jeremy Ten BC/YT 64.06 125.16 189.22
9 Peter O Brien EO 60.55 127.48 188.03
10 Garrett Gosselin SK 59.64 123.87 183.51
11 Emanuel Sandhu BC/YT 60.42 115.76 176.18
12 Ian Martinez QC 42.88 121.28 164.16
13 Samuel Angers QC 49.81 109.63 159.44
14 Samuel Morais QC 52.74 105.68 158.42
15 Shaquille Davis CO 53.02 101.05 154.07
16 Graeme Gordon BC/YT 48.05 99.69 147.74
17 Sasha Alcoloumbre QC 52.23 81.58 133.81
18 Dustin Sherriff-Clayton CO 36.43 80.98 117.41

Date: 19-Jan-2013 8:47:40PM
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Mens Mixed Zone quotes - Kevin Reynolds Reply with quote

I know that Kevin is very popular in Japan and he said he's looking forward to coming for the 4CC. Here are his mixed zone quotes.

How he feels about his outstanding program:

"It was the culmination of just complete hard work. Since NHK I got a new pair of skates and went back to the drawing board. With the result, I couldn't be happier right now."

What he thinks of his score:

"It far surpasses anything I've ever done in the free program before, so I was ecstatic afterwards. More than 30 points more than my personal best, so that's quite a step up and I hope I can continue this momentum going into the Four Continents and the World Championships."

On attempting three quads:

"The first two wasn't completely perfect, but I was able to get the quad combo in the second half, that was something I was training for if I made a mistake at the start, so it's the first time I've done the 3 quads and got the fully rotated in a competition before. I'm pretty happy with that."

How he feels about challenging Patrick Chan:

"I know I skated well, but Patrick is the world champion for a reason. I was able to beat him in the technical and that's where I really need to improve if I want to be competitive with the top skaters in the world. My goal coming into this week was to show that I was competitive with Patrick and I think I was able to do that sufficiently this week, so I'm really happy."

On two excellent performances this week:

"For sure, to be able to put two back-to-back performances like that with only very small errors is something I've been training for all year and again I just hope I can continue this momentum in the short break before Four Continents and hopefully get a top six finish at the World Championships."

On the upcoming Worlds in Canada:

"This is my third World Championships in Canada. I was a spectator at the Vancouver 2001 Worlds and I saw Emanuel Sandhu compete at the 2006 Worlds in Calgary, so to be a part of this World Championship team, hopefully, in London, that'll be something. I'm looking forward to it, for sure."

Patrick Chan, Kaetlyn Osmond and others' quotes coming soon!

Last edited by Mark at Japan Skates on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Patrick Chan quotes Reply with quote

Here are Patrick's quotes from the Mixed Zone. Patrick is always glad to see Japan Skates there!

"There's still a lot more ahead of me. Way more ahead of me. I think I won't be satisfied until I win Olympic gold."

"I would have liked to have done it here ideally, going into London. I'm a little disappointed in the skate, I was disappointed that I couldn't keep the focus into the Axel and then through the rest of the program."

"I am happy with how I am physically, I'm strong, I have the jumps. It's just being comfortable to do like what I did today, to step out and be like, 'Yeah, I want to be here, Kevin (Reynolds) skated great but I'm going to skate better'."

"I want to give a good show to the audience, I want a standing ovation at the end, that well-deserved standing ovation. It's easy to do it here at nationals, but can I do this at the Olympics, can I do this at worlds, can I do when I'm overseas and not in Canada? That's the next step for me."
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Ladies results Reply with quote

The ladies' competition was thrilling here in Mississauga, near Toronto. Despite the big margin of victory for Kaetlyn Osmond, this events proves that the young Canadian ladies can jump and have nerves of steel. Quotes to follow.

Senior Women
Mississauga, ON
1 Kaetlyn Osmond AB/NT/NU 70.04 131.30 201.34
2 Gabrielle Daleman CO 51.80 112.10 163.90
3 Alaine Chartrand EO 50.76 106.46 157.22
4 Amelie Lacoste QC 57.86 98.28 156.14
5 Veronik Mallet QC 48.03 95.84 143.87
6 Julianne S้guin QC 53.93 77.84 131.77
7 Adriana DeSanctis CO 52.18 78.51 130.69
8 Rachel Gendron QC 47.05 82.56 129.61
9 Kate Charbonneau MB 43.61 82.40 126.01
10 Roxanne Cournoyer QC 42.57 83.10 125.67
11 Kelsey McNeil NB 45.37 79.05 124.42
12 Vanessa Grenier QC 41.36 82.67 124.03
13 Alexe Gilles CO 43.99 79.95 123.94
14 Gabrielle Anne Cormier NB 44.09 79.66 123.75
15 Alexandra Gagnon QC 46.21 76.27 122.48
16 Jessica-Amy Sergeant AB/NT/NU 43.67 77.73 121.40
17 Sarah Jourdain QC 42.97 69.51 112.48
WD Roxanne Rheault QC 39.40 39.40

Date: 19-Jan-2013 10:02:09PM
Mark at Japan Skates
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Ladies' quotes from the Canadians Reply with quote

Gold medallist Kaetlyn Osmond's quotes from the Mixed Zone...

"It felt so great, all I can remember is halfway through my program I was like, 'OK, I've done so good so far let's just keep going with it',and after my program I just took the deepest sigh of relief."

"I felt a little bit of pressure going in today, I was a little more nervous than usual, but when I got on the ice, I just felt like any other competition, I felt great."

Silver medallist Gabrielle Daleman's quotes: (Gabrielle was the Canadian junior champion last year and is now the senior silver medallist)

On whether there is a sense that young Canadian skaters want to "take on the world"

"Well, we've seen what the young Russians others are doing and what Kaetlyn did last year. I think we're trying to meet the standard and do the best we can to try to get up there with everyone. We all did really well on the Junior Grand Prix circuit and now we know what it's like in the world and we have to look into the future."

On why they are having this success:

"We've all practiced really hard and the Junior Grand Prix has helped with travelling and getting used to the time change, but we've also been to camp together and we're all really good friends off the ice and once we get on the ice we're competitive. We see a jump the other does and try to do a better one at the other end to try to get better and better. So it really helps when we're friends off the ice and competitors on the ice. It's a lot of fun."

On winning the silver medal:

"When I came into this competition I said 'The bronze is mine and I'm going to go for it'! My goal was top three and to make the national team, and winning the silver was the bonus and made me feel so happy and excited."

On competing against defending champion Amelie Lacoste:

"Amelie is such a good skater, and I've always looked up to her and Joannie (Rochette), and now Kaetlyn, and it's really nice to know that I'm up there with them."

Note: Only one Canadian lady (Kaetlyn) qualifies for Worlds, but Canada gets two spots at Junior Worlds. These spots and the 4CC team will be announced soon.

Last edited by Mark at Japan Skates on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Patrick Quotes translation Reply with quote

((translation))

+++ パトリック・チャン選手 インタビュー +++

::: SP後 :::

- 今日の演技について
落ち着いて、やることはやれたと思います。ロンドンワールドにもいいかんじで入れるかな、と。すごく楽しめたので、それが本当にうれしいです。

- ジャンプについて
4T-3Tをものすごく練習して来ました。GPFでシングルになってしまったので。今日のも決まったのに、と思いますが… (4T) ルッツはちょっと不安定でしたね… 入りのステップを、ワールドに向けて見直さないといけないかも、ですね。そこでちょっと安定感がなくなって、思うようなスピードが出せなかったです。スピードが十分だったら、3Lz-3Tのコンビネーションにも出来たのですが、ステップのところでちょっとスピードがないまま入ってしまったので、ファーストジャンプのルッツの着氷で流れのないままセカンドジャンプに入ってしまいました。(3Lz-2T) ワールドに向けての課題になりましたね。

- 今季のここまでの調整について
今季は、フィジカルの面ではこれと言ってなにも、という風には思っています。いつも万全にしていますので。いつも、メンタルの面でどうか、っていうので…
Kaetlyn(オズモンド選手)の演技をTVで見ていたのですが、彼女は楽しそうに氷に上がって弾けた演技をして、まったく楽しみを持って演技している・結果は気にしない、そこがすごいな、って尊敬します。若いっていいなぁ!って。僕も、もっと若い頃は同じ気持ちでした。そこらへんもっと取り組みたいかな、って。またそういう気持ちに自分がなれたら、と。もうメダルも取りましたし、ただ楽しい気分で氷に上がって演技を楽しまないとな、って思います。…20代ともなると、責任感が生まれますよね。

- お客さんに大ウケしたナム・ニューエン(/ヌーイン Nam Nguyen)選手について
あんな風に演技するとは、もうバビりましたね!僕が14歳の時、あんなに堂々としてもなければ、彼みたいな鉄板もなくてウケなかったです。3A(転倒)から起き上がった時にも、すぐ立ち直って演技に舞い戻って、最終グループの選手を すごいあっためてくれましたね。Namはほんとに、将来の星でしょうね。彼が転倒から起き上がった時の、あのでっかい笑顔を見て、「なんてこったい...」って打ちひしがれました。10代っていいなぁ、って。柔軟で、試合向きの気っ風があるな、と。

::: FS後 :::

「まだまだやることはたくさんあります。まーだまだ、全然。オリンピックで金メダルを取るまで満足できないと思います。」

「ここでやることをやってロンドンに行きたかったのですが、ちょっと残念な演技になりましたね。3Aのところで集中を切らしてしまい(2A)、そこからも集中できていなかったです。」

「フィジカルの面では良くて ジャンプも入るので、いいんじゃないかな、と思っています。今日はただ楽に演技して、リンクに出て行って、『ハイ!待ってました。Kevin(レイノルズ選手)がすごかったけど、もっといい演技してやるぞ』っていうかんじで。」

「お客さんにいい作品を見せたいんです。スタンディングオベーションをしてもらえるように。それにふさわしい演技が出来るように。カナダ選手権では簡単ですけど、オリンピック、ワールド、カナダ以外でそれが出来るか?と言えば… それが次の課題です。」

Last edited by shimmerzoo on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Kevin REYNOLDS quotes Reply with quote

((translation))

+++ ケヴィン・レイノルズ選手 FS後 インタビュー +++

- 素晴らしい演技を終えて
これまでのがんばりが実った、っていうか。NHK杯から靴を替えて、イチからやり直しになっちゃったので。結果的にこういう演技が出来て、今はもう、これ以上なくうれしいです!(推定: 「ヒャッハー」)

- 得点について
これまでのフリーからすると なにもかも伸びてハンパなかったんで、もう、歓喜でした。30点も自己ベストを更新して、これはもう、一段上がったと思うので、この勢いのまま四大陸とワールドに突っ走ります。

- 3本の四回転について
1本目2本目はカンペキではなかったんですけど、後半に四回転のコンビネーションが入りましたね。最初にミスった場合に、そう出来るように練習していましたから。初めて、試合で四回転3つ決めました!それも全部回して降りられました。それがもう、うれしいです!

- パトリック・チャン選手との優勝争いについて
自分はいいスケートをしたと思います。でも、Patrickが世界王者なのには、理由があります。僕は技術点では彼に上回ることが出来ましたが、そこ(演技構成点)を、これから世界のトップスケーターと戦っていく上で、本当に上げていかなくてはいけないな、と。
ここに来るまでは、Patrickとも競り合える力を見せる、それを目標にしていました。ここで、それを印象づけられたと思います。本当によかったです。

- ショートとフリーで両方良い演技を揃えたことについて
実際、こうやってミスを最小限にして2つ揃えられるように、と、今季これまでずっと取り組んでやって来たので。四大陸までのちょっとまにも この勢いを保って、ワールドでトップ6に入れたらいいな、と思います。

- 自国開催のロンドンワールドについて
自分にとってはこれが3回目のカナダワールドになります。2001年のバンクーバーワールドは、客席から見ていました。2006年のカルガリーワールドでは、Emanuel(サンデュ選手)の演技を見ていました。なので、今回のロンドンワールドの代表に選ばれたら、ハンパねぇな!って。もちろん、楽しみにしています!

Last edited by shimmerzoo on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:59 am; edited 5 times in total
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Kaetlyn and Gabrielle Quotes Reply with quote

((translation))

+++ ケイトリン・オズモンド選手(1位) FS後 インタビュー +++

もう、すごかったです!プログラムの半分くらい記憶にないんですけど、「ここまですごいイイから、このまま行こう!」ってかんじで。演技が終わった後は、ほっとして、大きいため息が出ました。
今日は演技前にすこしプレッシャーがあって、ちょっといつもよりは緊張していたんですけど、氷に上がったら、他の試合と同じようにいい気持ちで入れたと思います。

+++ ガブリエル・デールマン選手(2位) FS後 インタビュー +++
(今季のカナダジュニアで優勝)

- カナダのジュニア達は、「私も世界で戦いたい」という気運が高まっているのではないでしょうか?
ロシアの若い選手達や、Kaetlyn(オズモンド選手)の去年の活躍を見て、自分達もそのシニアの水準の演技が出来るようにがんばって、シニアの舞台で皆が滑れるように、と思っています。JGPSで皆すごく良くて、「世界で戦う」ってこんなかんじ、っていうのが分かったので、これからのことを考えたいです。

- 今季のジュニアの活躍について
皆練習を本当にがんばって、JGPSで旅行や時差にも慣れた、というのもありますが、一緒に合宿をやって、オフアイスではすごくいい友達なんですけど、いったん氷に上がれば競い合う、といういい関係が生まれています。それぞれが他の選手のジャンプを見ながら、一人がもっとうまく飛ぼうとするとまたもう一人がもっともっとうまく、という風に。オフアイスでは友達で、オンアイスでは選手同士、そういう関係がすごくうまく行っていると思います。とっても楽しいです。

- 2位になって
ここに来るまでは、「私が取れるのは… 銅メダルかな。狙ってみよう!」って言ってて、トップ3でカナダ代表に選ばれるのが目標でした。銀メダルが取れたのは、おまけです。すごくうれしくって、興奮しました。

- 前年優勝者のエミリー・ラコステ選手との2位争いについて
Amelieは、すごく良いスケーターなので、いつもずっと 彼女やJoannie(ロシェット選手)が滑っているのを憧れて見ていました。今ではKaetlynもですけど、そんな選手達と同じ舞台に立てているのを実感して、本当にすてきな気分です。

(カナダ女子のワールドの枠は「1」、Jr.ワールドの枠は「2」です。)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.japanskates.com Forum Index -> Japan Skates Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: