www.japanskates.com

www.japanskates.com Forum Index

FAQ Search  Memberlist Usergroups Register Profile  Log in to check your private messages Log in 

2012 4CC in Colorado Springs USA
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.japanskates.com Forum Index -> Japan Skates Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: 4CC Quotes from Japanese ::: MURA and MACHIDA in English Reply with quote

::: 4CC Takahito MURA Quotes:::

+++ after SP +++
This season I hadn't completed my SP including 4T-3T, so far, that I was tensed, but I had clear "discipline" to make jumps, to perform throughout the program... really pleased with that. Mostly I fell on my first 4T this season, so I'm happy that I made 4T-3T, landed 3A, step-3Lz as well.
- How did you make your 4T-3T?
I had considered whether "I can push myself" to move on for the first 4T. When I failed, I could not do push me out, couldn't accelerate to go to the 4T, as I was defeated by nerves. When you can't challenge it, you would fail in it. I had such "discipline" to try my 4Ts in National Winter Sports Championships(2 weeks ago in Nagoya). I had challenged to push me out in between crossing and taking-off jumps. I feel I can make 4T if I accelerate my speed, but have too much speed or not enough in competitions. Then I had spot-on speed to make it today.
At All-Japan and NWSC I found what's wrong after SP, then had tried 4T in FS. In the other hand, this time I knew what's wrong before SP, that discipline made it succeeded.
- for FS
"Could I make two 4Ts?" that is the question. And also I would like to make no mistake after I get tired in the 2nd half, to complete my Free Skate. If you succeed in the jump elements in the 1st half, but fail in the 2nd half, you don't earn enough points.

+++ SP press conference +++
First, I'm shocked to be here, "Why am I placed in 2nd, ahead of Daisuke TAKAHASHI?" (laughs) Second, I made the best SP this season, tomorrow I hope I will be well in FS, too.
- Takahito, we're sorry that we're not familiar with you so much, so let me know about your placement of All-Japan; how to train to compete here; how do you feel about missing Worlds.
First, I was placed in 5th there, and I guess what I had trained after All-Japan was paid here. "To make a Worlds team or not" depends on your results of GPS and All-Japan, so you have nothing to say, but I would like to say I hope I will move on next season, or challenge here at 4CC, as I didn't give what I can perform at All-Japan, to miss Worlds this season.

(He noted "glad that I'd gotten the first small medal since Jr. Worlds".)

+++ after FS +++
I was tensed too much, concerned as I hadn't both good SP/FS so far this season, so scared "How's it going on in FS, as I placed myself in 2nd." I guess I'm not experienced. Usually in warming-up 6 minutes I find how to fix my 4T, but I couldn't do that at all today, that concerned me.
Technically I got improved, but Mentally I haven't, my mental aspect is weaker than physical, as I hadn't both good SP/FS, again. (performing as 2nd place after SP) I must be mentally strong, that is what I need for next season.
- On Patrick CHAN
He is my teammate here in Colorado, when I train here, he has trained with sincerity, I see what made him into a champion at Worlds, when I watch his trainings. I think I must be such a skater like him, as he shows my goal.
- on programs of next season
Schedules hasn't been arranged yet, I plan to ask Tom(DICKSON) to choreograph my programs, in order to get myself advanced. (On their collaboration:) I find that the more I have learned from him, the better the programs are going.
- for next season
I haven't the strong, respected PCS, so I must have more TES, must have three 4Ts(SP1/FS2), in order to defeat top skaters. I hope my 4Ts will make progress, with more consistency. (on availability of other quads:) Off-season, I have trained Salchow and Lutz, but Salchow hasn't fit me for a long time - seems to have a few availability, so I feel I could fit Lutz, rather than Sal, if I get more knacks for it.

(The day after FS, Tom and his teammates celebrated his 21th birthday: Feb. 11th)

::: 4CC Tatsuki MACHIDA Quotes :::

+++ after SP +++
Before and since I came here, I had good practices so far, so "just do it," I thought. This 4CC could be the last competition for me, so I made it unlike "safe"… I hadn't been concerned, seemed to "make my day," unusually! (smiles) Crowds were really enjoying my performance, that helped me a lot.

(sorry for recording from the middle of it, and missing FS)

+++ the day after FS +++
My SP was the best "Dark Eyes" so far, I was glad to see its amazing score, though I should not have made lots mistakes in FS. I guess FS is my disadvantage. In SP I earned such a score without quad, that made me confident, but I must correct me, to have stability to complete SP/FS throughout the competition.
Always I turn down even in practice when I'm tensed, but this 4CC I hadn't been looking around so much, I had concentrated on what I should do in practice. Mentally I'm going to make progress, physically I got problems with FS, so I would like to get my jumping skills improved, in order to make every single jump more effortlessly.

((I got "sit-down" interview with Tastuki MACHIDA & Takahito MURA!
I bet you all like it! They gave sincerity to Japan Skates. Stay tuned,))

Last edited by shimmerzoo on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: 4CC Quotes from Japanese ::: Mao ASADA in English Reply with quote

::: 4CC Quotes Mao ASADA :::

+++ Thu. morning press conference +++
http://japanskates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=431#431

+++ after SP +++
Regarding that I got all level4 spins and footworks, I think I had a good performance except for 3A(both-footed, under-rotated). I didn't worry about my 3A, as I did make a pretty good 3A in warming-up 6 minutes. I guess I could have made it in SP, too, if I could have had 3As as my jump elements in early competitions. If I make the same 3A as one in 6 minutes, I could be satisfied, so I have tried to do it well tomorrow, considering today's issue.
- On 3A
Since I came here, it has gotten rotated, so I felt "I could have it in programs, eventually". In this morning practice, I couldn't make them, the worst-ever consistency since I came here, then "just forget them," I thought. (smiles) (On good aspect of altitude:) I guess it works for rotating, as my trainings worked a lot since All-Japan.
- Quotes from her coach Nobuo SATO
"Your 3A fits you so well. Enter it smoothly and relaxed, particularly between back-out and fore-out. Other than 3A, be calm to take their level features."
- On altitude
Nothing! influenced me at all, surprisingly! (smiles) Tomorrow I could be well, too.
- On her costume change from pants to dress
I hadn't felt comfortable to jump in pants, so it's a styling for 3A! (laughs)

+++ after FS +++
I worried about utmost 3A, and performing in the altitude, so I got relieved when I finished. I guess some jumping errors caused this score. In SP, I tried my 3A for the first time, then its issue could work today. Under-rotated was disappointing, but "I did try and fly!" - that would really help me from now, to have good image of my 3As. As I did almost kill it in FS, even though it was called "under-rotated" as same as SP's. The best 3A of 4CC, was the one in SP warming-up 6 minutes, that I, myself credit full of points! (after leaving Colorado Springs,) backing to "the ground", I'm not sure whether I could make it again or not. (smiles) But I have trained for a week here, to know "how to rotate", that made me confident to try 3As again.
- On 3Lz (finally) called "correct edge"
For a long time I have tried to do that, thinking, struggling a lot, now I climbed one step up the stairs.
- On 3F-3Lo
This time… I thought it was tough to try it (in FS), chose 3F-2Lo at the landing of 3F. At Worlds, I would like to have it if it fits me.
- On altitude
I guess it was easier to jump, but, sometimes I make jumps under-rotated on "the ground" as well.
- Quotes from her coach Nobuo SATO
"3A doesn't mean everything." as I see "to make only 3A, that doesn't make sense."
- Some journalist asked "How do you feel about that you have the brand-new rival Ashley WAGNER?"
Every season, young girls are rising, as this time they inspired me so much. You need to do hard everyday in order to follow them, in order to get yourself advanced.
- for Worlds
I have planned 3A in both SP/FS, and have tried to make no error on jumps. If you have strong speed and determination, you could make your way, as my coach always reminds me, says "acceleration!"
Lately I don't care about placement so much. Of course I would like to "win," but you can't put yourself all if you "go win". So you need to do what you should do, concentrate on yourself, in order to put yourself all. One month left to Worlds, how I could concentrate, how I could have good preparations, that is the most important aspect. If I could devote myself into every single run-through as much as possible, I would have strong speed and determination.
[Nobuo SATO]
- Japan Skates: I saw Mao did 3F-3Lo entered from SP preparation, in practice, then she was really happy to announce "is going to have 3F-3Lo," so I wrote that she may have it in SP, but… did she mean "have planned it in both SP/FS"?
(smiles) My interpretation: "she will have it if it's available," she needs to train more for that. You could take it off from both SP/FS preparation, but it's difficult to have it in SP, (smiles) - as you have only 3 jump elements in it.
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: 4CC Quotes from Japanese ::: Kanako MURAKAMI in English Reply with quote

::: 4CC Quotes Kanako MURAKAMI :::

+++ after SP +++
I felt like I was skating at my home rink, hadn't been tensed at all, unlike usual self, I'm always gonna "GEEZ!" in competitions, this time I could perform like training. I worried about 2A, so I was concentrating on it, and gonna give footworks with all my heart. Overall I was calm, and confident, to be relaxed there, unlike "I'm in the competition!".
- about her stomachache
As I felt sick when I moved, so I haven't eaten a lot, since last night… I did eat a lot, too much? (laughs) (for tomorrow:) I must eat enough to do well tomorrow. I always eat like "Not Enough!" (laughs)
(at press conference, she noted "Since I came in 4CC, such pressure may cause it.")
- On (very first) Level 4 footworks
I didn't know that at all, found in walking here, I didn't see its level but spins' on the monitor, as it's credited Level 3 or 2 usually.
- On altitude
a little tired, though, I have a lot run-throughs at my home rink… in SP, I felt it hadn't influenced me so much.
- Japan Skates: You kill the same 3T-3T every time. When have you completed your quality 3T-3T?
KM: Since I changed 3F-3T to 3T-3T as the SP combination. I felt 3T-3T was much easier than 3F-3T, so I got timing.
JS: It has both same timing and motion!
KM: Thank You!
- On changing jump elements
I feel easier, to put them out with all my heart. (On availability of 3F-3T at Worlds:) At Worlds, I would not have it, but I would like to have it again, to train harder.
- On her struggling 1st half of the season
That made my jumps and skating skills improved a lot, for now I think it worked for me.
- for FS
At All-Japan, I had good SP and bad FS with falls. (smiles) Now I must change my mindset, to concentrate for tomorrow. "3Lo, 3T-3T are must-have!" as I have trained, so will kill them absolutely!

(sorry for recording from the middle of it)

Quick Quote for ISU (through interpreter):
Although I was worrying about the double Axel at the end of the program, I succeeded and gathered everything together. I’m very satisfied with today’s performance. I was trying to express this program’s image with sadness and suffering. If the audience could feel those emotions, I would be very happy.

+++ after FS +++
Altitude wasn't affecting my lung, but my foot. Really disappointed with missing all 2nd jumps in combinations.
- On her failing in jumps
(should have been "must-have")3T-3T, the 1st 3T sudden braking, wasn't flowing then I couldn't enter the 2nd 3T, and other mistakes were of problem with my stamina. Usually I'm just okay to perform 2 run-throughs, but I was struggled since the landing of 2nd 3F(3F~1A, should have been 3F~2A).
- Quotes from her coach Machiko YAMADA
On my terrible reacting after FS, she told me off, "Everyone was tough, looked usual to be back to kiss & cry!" "I can't stand." (smiles) There, I got exhausted, to show such tiredness "I can't even breath," that I'm regret now. She said to me "make no mistake in FS in Nice, definitely!"
- for Worlds
From next week in Detroit I'm going to learn at dancing sessions with Marina Zueva, who will re-make my FS, and learn ballet with a ballet teacher as well. Now I have enough stamina to finish run-through in the altitude, so I'm going to have more run-throughs to make no mistake in trainings, hope I will do that easily at Worlds! I would like to make top 6 to have both good SP/FS.
As for SP, I hope it will be more effortless, more impressive.
In practices here, my 3T-3T were sure, but I got nerves, so hope I will try it with all my heart.
- about FS revision
Its transitions could be changed, but its elements would remain. Its spiral hasn't enough speed, smoothness, that I would like to get improved the most. I guess SP fits me, but FS is so difficult for me to tell the story of that, which I can't see very well, such as the first half, I'm not sure which ways I should perform like, "strongly or softly". So Mihoko(HIGUCHI, her coach) wants me to ask Marina about that. In the slow part of FS, I have tried to skate gracefully, like "walking on the cloud", then the last footworks to skate with smile and joy, as the music is so cheerful.

[Machiko YAMADA after SP]
I think she did her best. She got the best TES but, PCS… that's her agenda. Today, she made her program, so she had goo job.
Before she came here, in trainings at our rink in Nagoya, she made her SP/FS perfect everyday, has been in good form, 3T-3T also in good form, with good distance, so far. So Kanako and myself have a bit confidence to compete here, even though competition never knows. I guess she hadn't nerves more than usual, as she has made her way so far.
She had trained, thought a lot, when her boots had concerned her. That fixed her disability. As I taught her "You can't push yourself up on Toe jumps, unless you use your (right)toe in a right way," for instance. You can't make toe jumps easily, your jump withers away, unless your boots fit you. Now I tell her "That worked for you, now." I see, she made a grand jete.
- about her condition today
At this moment she's really happy, as she had good SP, but she looked knocked down(Machiko gave its acting) in the morning. She is so easily understood. (smiles)
- for Worlds
As for her elements, still she's going to have 3T-3T in programs securely, but to work for earning more PCS, to re-make her FS with Marina. …Only thing confirmed: "She won't have quad." (laughs)

Last edited by shimmerzoo on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: 4CC Quotes from Japanese ::: Haruka IMAI in English Reply with quote

::: 4CC Quotes Haruka IMAI :::

+++ after SP +++
I wasn't tensed, but not concentrating on it either. 3T-3T, the 1st jump was "too much high" to connect with 2nd 3T as its combination, so I was going to "do 3Lo-3T!", but "I haven't done it for a long time, it might not work… well, I should have 3Lo-2T?" then I missed the 3Lo(<<). (Haruka smiled positively.) Before 2A, my feet got shaky to take it off, but I made it barely. I wanted to earn my points back with spins. (Why didn't you concentrate enough?:) I skated the last in our group, so I thought "I have some time." I hadn't skated the last so far in SP, but in FS, so I had prepared like before FS, hadn't enough warming-up, hadn't warmed myself enough to get the rink. Therefore, I was cold, and my body couldn't move well.
- On her injury
Still I have some pain, but today I hadn't Toe jumps(Lz/F which cause her lots pain), so it wasn't terrible. In the summertime, I took break for one month or so, but it couldn't heal, yet I was going to force myself to train really hard, utmost before All-Japan, then the pain came again… I should have taken break more at that time. Although I got worried, I did make jumps in practices, so there is never excuse "due to injury". (Japan Skates: any taping on your foot at this moment?:) Yes, I have…
- Quotes from her coaches
after performing: "Jumps were not good, but other elements and performance itself were good."
- for FS
Usually, I may be depressed, yet, now I get re-motivated to "do my best tomorrow!" You know, I can't mistake more than today! (laughs) "Move on, be confident."

+++ after FS +++
That performance wasn't supposed, really disappointing. I would like to have lots trainings one week ago, but I couldn't do that as my pain got so hard, then I was concerned that I hadn't trained enough, to compete here without satisfaction about my trainings. That came out in performance.
- Japan Skates: You rotated and landed your 3T-3T, with which you have been struggling in these practices, that's good for you, but you got pain again on 3F, 3Lz?
Yes, they caused as my foot gets stressed on them, the most. But this 4CC every single element concerned me, really disappointed. Mentally, I had been defeated already, before competitions.
- JS: but you were so determined on your edge jumps.
I could have made them better, as I did miss my own "edge" jump, to miss its timing… anyway, I never say "I couldn't do that due to pain," but due to mental issue.
- On altitude
Was tired, but you can finish 4 minutes later, then you can fall down, can take oxygen, "So you must skate with all your heart for 4 minutes," my coach's quote motivated me.
- Quotes from her coach Yuka SATO
"Your jumps were not terrible overall, as you rotated them." (Her advice on skating skill:) "You can skate naturally if you have tried to bend not your edges, but your ankles."
- On this season
Good competition, bad competition, good SP and bad FS, such an ups-and-down season I had. Also I tried different planned jump elements, every competition. I had experienced a lot.
- for next season
I must recover from my injury, to take break enough, that we had discussed before 4CC. Next season, will mean a lot to me, so I would like to get my jumps and spins and steps advanced, also I want to have 3Lz/3F-3T in programs, and correct 3Lz(called "wrong edge"), with healthy body. (On her enrollment and trainings:) will enroll "Daito-Bunka" University and continue to train in the States.
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Tatsuki MACHIDA & Takahito MURA 4CC interview! Reply with quote

...So sorry for late, thanks for your patience, wating for such a loooong time,
遅くなりましたが、町田樹・無良崇人選手のインタビューをお届けします。
長らくお待たせしてしまい、申し訳ございませんでした。

MACHIDA & MURA show Japan's "Core" strength
English
http://www.japanskates.com/interviews/Tatsuki_Takahito_4CC2012_interview_en.htm
日本語
http://www.japanskates.com/interviews/Tatsuki_Takahito_4CC2012_interview_jp.htm
shimmerzoo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: 4CC "Backstage" page Reply with quote

Patrick CHAN / Misha GE interviews and Robin Ritoss photos added:
"Backstage with Japan Skates @ 4CC"
http://japanskates.com/backstage/4CC2012/4CC_2012_Event.htm

上記に加えまして、パトリック・チャン選手、ミーシャ・ジー選手のインタビュー、ロビン・リトスさんのお写真を追加した、四大陸選手権の"Backstage"のページはこちらです。
http://japanskates.com/backstage/4CC2012/4CC_2012_Event.htm
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.japanskates.com Forum Index -> Japan Skates Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: